Wednesday 8 February 2012

A Stand and a Mark



            Loner. Have you ever grasped the definition of alone? I have. Many times actually. I know its not that hard to fit in. You just have to blend in and like what others seem to like. But in my case? Its hard. Why? Because I’m an alien. And yes, like any other definition you people have, I am an extra terrestrial being. I am an alien from outer space.
            I live in a world called Aerobia. And at Aerobia, your life would be nothing more than a puppet. A slave. Others were happy at Aerobia because everything was in order, but I wanted to be free. I wanted to explore the world, express my ideas and thoughts. So I left Aerobia. I left my family and friends, my world just to be heard. I made a deal to our high officials that if I can prove myself to be a worthier being at Earth, someone who could actually make a stand then they would consider me.
            They gave me 300 days to accomplish my task, and if I can’t then I would be banish from our world. I’m a high school teenager here who lives in a big house filled with lots of things except the concept of being “homey”.  I suggested my house to be the venue of the upcoming benefit concert of the special children.
            It was the 240th day and so far I haven’t even begun yet. The concert was happening tonight. So I did my best to fix the house. And as evening came, the guests did too. I saw how everybody was fixated on the house, the decorations, the appliances, and the arrangements. That’s when I thought, they only came because they were curious about the mansion. Spineless humans! They only care about the packaging, the glorious gifts that they could have, they didn’t even thought about the special children who were going to sing. I sighed, and went to the director and told him that everything is set. You can start now.
            The melody was nice and serene, it magnified the whole room. And when the children sang, goose bumps went over my skin. I was so proud of them. They tried their hardest even if they are incapable. But while I was rejoiced of those children I saw how people were yawning , some were texting and some were slowly going to the exit doors. I didn’t mind it at first but when one child sang and was off the tone someone threw a tomato at him. After that, everybody was throwing anything at them. I ran towards the stage and told them to hide behind me. I was their shield. These pure little innocent ones. They tried to learn and train their hardest all for this show, and this is what they repay them. I was so angry that I shouted. I exhaled everything to them, every disappointment I felt, every anger that surged through my whole being. I was furious. Because of that, I became their enemy.
            They tortured my life and the life of the children. They did every inhumane thing possible. And my time is almost up. My mother told me to focus on myself But I couldn’t just leave them be. So I continued to protect them with every fiber of my being. I only had 3 days left. Our officials told me that they would spare me, that if I leave now, they would forgive me as if nothing else happened. But how could I? How could I leave those children? I can still stand from these abominations, but the children? They would forever be taunted by these traumatic events, and yet their still young, how will they be able to live?
            After I took my meal I visited the children and went back home. It was judgment day already. When the clock stroke 1 our high officials came and asked me. They offered me forgiveness. But I declined. I told them my reasons. And then something happened. They clapped. They smiled. I could see it in their eyes that they were so proud of me. I asked why, and they said I completed my mission. I made a stand.
            It was a stand of responsibility. A stand of compassion, love and care for some people that I did not know. It wasn’t a stand they were hoping for and neither did I. But I did made a mark they said. It was a mark to those children’s hearts. They will forever hold their past but even after those, they know that someone and something good will always happen. And at that time it was me. I was their light. They will hold those pains but they will also hold their gratitude towards me. And those children will grow with prosperity and success because of the example I made to them. I was ready to sacrifice everything just so those children won’t get hurt. And they were most proud of me for that.
            And as you can see, I didn’t went home just yet. I made sure that those children would be alright there. But I could still visit Aerobia. And as time passed by, I saw that I wasn’t my old self anymore. I wasn’t a loner. Because I had two families now. I wanted to change the world. But instead, I changed my life and the life of these children. And although it wasn’t exactly the world it was a step. And I knew that, I would forever made a mark to my world, my high officials, to those children even to those people were wicked , and to me.

THE END

1 comment:

  1. . . this was so hard to make!! haha
    conditions:
    *I am an alien from outer space.
    *Concert Hall.
    *After a big meal.
    *You feel like giving up.
    . . Did you think my conditions were considered in the story?? . . . Leave a comment. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You! I love reading your sentiments!:)