Thursday 26 July 2012

The Invisible Medicine

               I remember way back then, when I was still in high school - a viral flu was spreading all over our community. I could still remember how everybody was so scared to get a hold of that flu. Sadly, out of every precaution my parents made, they still got the flu. My mom, my dad, and my brother got it. The only people left in our house who was still healthy was me and my little brother. How fortunate! What was left in the family were both weaklings. I was still a High School Girl who knew almost nothing about the house chores or how to cook a decent meal while my little brother was 5 years old, so the family can't count on him either.
                We thought that everything was a disaster. But you know what happened? It turned out to be the best healing treatment ever. 
                  My dad is the only one in the family who could cook, so naturally I had to take over. At first, it was chaos, the food was bitter, the food became sweet and the food became sour. But after every try, I learned. I learned how to cook. I learned how to mince, I learned how to blend all the spices. My dad would taste every food I made, and after every taste no matter how delicious or awful it tasted, he always smiled.
                My mom did the house chores. So again, I had to take over, with a little help from my little brother also. Every time we tried to clean one part of the house, we always seem to get the other part dirty. My mom would just laugh seeing that we thought the broom and the rag was like solving rocket science.
                      Everyday, me and my brother would always end up tired. But the whole family, after the day was about to pass, we would all huddle up and talk, watch a movie, and laugh at how ridiculous all of us look. 
                    The best thing about these circumstances was discovering that there was more to the situation than meets the eye. Even though they were sick, they would still move. Even though we were tired, we would still move. 

Why?

Because we all love each other, and although the efforts are all minimal, we appreciated every part of it. It was the best medicine of all. It didn't heal their flu, but healed our bond as a unit, as a family.

And now, I'm so far from them. And my two brothers are all sick. I miss all of them. The rain going peter patter outside the office makes me miss all of them more.



To my classmate April Jhoy Ramon: I don't know your grandmother, in fact, I don't know you that deeply at all, but I sincerely hope for the best for your grandma. I know you'll make the right decision.

To Abraham Zerna: I hope you your well enough to be able to work. :)

To my brother and my baby brother: Be strong and obey. Your big sister is not there to scold you because you're sick. I know the three of us are not vocal, but I do LOVE BOTH OF YOU.

To my mom and dad: Thank you for everything. I know the both of you are worried. Stand Strong. HE will always HELP.

To me: Whatever trouble I have for my health particularly my skin today, I do hope it's nothing serious.

TO YOU LORD GOD: YOU are the only one who can heal each and every one. All Glory is YOURS. All will is YOURS.




                    


1 comment:

Thank You! I love reading your sentiments!:)